- South, south-west
- Soil type:
- Fossil-rich soils originating from a sandstone known as "Macigno"
- Training system:
- Cordon spur converting to Guyot
- Vine density:
- 6.250 vines per hectare
- Vine age:
- 16 years
- Hectare yield:
- 75 q.li
- Plant yield:
- 1.2 Kg
- Harvest Period:
- Early October
- 14% Vol.
- 5.5 g/l
- Bottle Size:
Fermentation: 14-15 days in 75HL unrefined cement vats at a maximum temperature of 26ºC.
Aging: in 41 HL untoasted French oak barrels for about 17 months.
Refinement: a minimum of 12 months in bottle.
- Intense ruby red with subtle garnet highlights.
- Intense aroma with distinct notes of rope red fruit and subtle hints of dried violet. The bouquet also boasts spiced fragrances.
- Elegant on the palate. The notable freshness is paired with excellent, mature tannins, boasting depth and pleasant to the senses. Excellent, well-balanced and long finish.